Categories:

Saturday, November 24, 2007

A salute to Tony Norris.

Last Sunday, Tony Norris, a community activist who worked for years to make the New Britain community, and the world, a better place, passed away. I consider myself lucky to have known him and learned from him. He was a good leader and a good friend. He will be missed.

He did so much to make our city a better place, that I am still learning about what he accomplished. From politics, to neighborhood organizing to farming, he was a strong and skillful leader who enriched our community his entire life. He was a true believer who never gave up the cause for justice, equality and a better life for everyone.

For my part, I have valued his advice and support over the years. I knew that that I could always count on his strong values, his experience and his wisdom.

My deepest condolences go to Tony's partner, Mike Kandefer, and to all of Tony's family.

And, by the way, if you have some memories of Tony you would like to share or stories of what he accomplished in his life, feel free to write them down as comments to this post.

Update, November 27, 2007:
NBPoliticus has a posting on the celebration of Tony Norris' life on December 9th.