Categories:

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Honoring Rep. Faith McMahon, who grew up in New Britain.

I was sad to learn today about the loss of a friend and colleague, Rep. Faith McMahon .


Rep. McMahon and I were both elected in 2002, so we served during the same moments in history for our state.  I have a lot of respect for Faith as a legislator and as a person.  She brought great experience and intelligence to her work at the Capital and worked hard as a legislator to help people.

On a personal level, I cannot say enough how much Faith was deeply kind and caring.  She always took a genuine interest in what was important for other people and was thinking about ways that she could be encouraging.

Faith and I spoke about many things, but one of the things she told me that especially interested me is that she grew up in New Britain.  In fact, her childhood home is on Bassett Street, right across from the old High School.  I really enjoyed hearing her tell stories about growing up in New Britain.

My deepest condolences to Rep. McMahon's family.  I know I will miss her.