With the predicted snowfall coming, a parking ban will be in effect for New Britain starting at 5pm today (Saturday, December 29th). It will continue to be in effect until at least 6pm tomorrow (Sunday, December 30th).
So the city snow plows can clear the streets of snow, parking will not be allowed city streets while a parking ban is in effect. This is important because it is very difficult to completely clear the streets afterwards if people are parked on the streets during and immediately after a significant snowfall.
However, free parking will be available at the following locations during the ban:
* Osgood ParkThere are no parking fees for parking in any of these places while a parking ban is in effect, though it does not look like this parking ban will still be in effect on Monday.
* Stanley Golf Course
* Quonset hut parking lot at 655 Slater Road
* City parking lot at Wildwood St. & Linden St. (next to Police substation)
* Washington Park (lot opposite Gold Street)
* Martha Hart Park
* City parking garages (Bank St. /Chestnut St. & Columbus Blvd. at the corner of Washington St.)
By the way, I am subject to the inconvenience of this, myself. Since I live in a downtown home with no off-street parking, I have moved my family's cars to the city parking garages downtown.
Also, free winter (treated) sand is available to New Britain residents at the following locations:
EASTWICK COURT (in Park area);Thank you for your cooperation. And please, be safe during the inclement weather.
LINDEN STREET (Parking Lot at northwest corner of Wildwood St.);
MARTHA HART PARK (Parking lot off Corbin Ave.);
MCCLINTOCK ST. (Park area between Commonwealth Ave. and Eddy Glover Blvd.);
OSGOOD AVE. (Parking lot in Osgood Park);
ROCKY HILL AVE. (Northeast corner of Ellis St.);
STANLEY ST. (A. W. Stanley parking lot opposite Huber St.);
WASHINGTON PARK (Parking lot opposite Gold St.);
WILLOW BROOK PARK (Parking area near old tennis courts off South Main St.).