Categories:

Friday, December 14, 2012

New Britain vigil for the victims in Newtown, December 23rd at 6pm in Central Park

Message from Mayor Tim O'Brien:

Words cannot express how terrible the shootings in Newtown today are.

Our children are precious, and I know everyone, especially parents, are heartsick for the little ones whose lives were taken today, and deeply sad for their parents and families. For my own part, I could only think powerfully of how much my little daughter means to me when I heard the terrible news - and I know all parents felt the same way.

It is shocking, angering, tragic and terrible. I know that I speak for everyone in New Britain in expressing deep sadness for the victims - children, teachers and others - and heartfelt condolence and sympathy for their families, loved ones and friends - and for the people of the town of Newtown.

I am inviting the people of our city to come together as a community, on December 23rd at 6pm in Central Park in downtown New Britain, for a vigil to remember those whose lives were taken and show support for their families and loved ones - and the people Newtown. Other cities and towns in the state are organizing similar vigils on the evening of the 23rd, as well.

Please spread the word about this, and take care.